Important refereces about Central America and Open Hardware/Single Board Computers & Microcontrollers
All of this data is according to what people said on Panama.
- Arduino it's used in 6 countries of Central America as part of their computer science studies or electrical engineer
- Raspberry Pi is also use on the 7 countries of Central America
- Just 2 countries of Central America have listen about the BeagleBone Black. (Costa Rica & Honduras)
- Just 1 country of Central America has work with a BeagleBone Black. (Honduras)
What was my talk about?
Basically my talk was about, what is the Beagleboard.org community and the Beaglebone Black.
- I did a presentation on HTML explaining the BeagleBoard.org history and goals. Check the presentation here
- I show some slides of Jason Kridner presentation.
- Run a small demo on how to build a traffic light with leds, showing how to use the bonescript library. Here
They love it!
- I will said it again, people love it!
- They were surprise about the bonescript library,
- That's basically one of the major problems of other platforms. How to involved Web with Hardware platform.
- The University of Costa Rica will buy BeagleBone Blacks for next years. (They have listen about the project and were interested on it, but didn't knew about all the capacities it had)
- Some professors of Panama universities were quite happy to see that they could use this tool on their courses, this is thanks to the bonescript library, it is now easy to request project involving web applications and hardware combined thanks to the BeagleBone Black.
Some images of the event :